Simple Tapas Supper: Moroccan glazed carrots, baked tempeh, best caprese salad, sundried tomato hummus.
WHITE BEAN SPINACH HUMMUS (below)
ROASTED VEGETABLE GOAT CHEESE LASAGNA (below)
- 2 cans white beans
- Sprinkle Sea Salt
- Roasted or sauteed garlic (2-3 cloves) or 1 large raw clove
- large handful baby spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- Shredded paramsan on top for serving
This is best warmed up, sprinkle with parm first. 1-2 minutes on medium in the nuker should do it. To reheat the next day add a few tsp. EVOO to freshen it up and add moisture.
ROASTED VEGETABLE GOAT CHEESE LASAGNA
This image and recipe is stolen from Martha Stewart. I made quite a few changes and boy was it yummy! I wish I had photos, but my camera batteries are dead. This was a great recipe.
- Coarse sea salt
- 2 pounds eggplant, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 pounds zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 large red bell peppers, 1 cut into very thin strips, 1 cut into slices
- Cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- garlic powder for sprinkling
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- Marinara-1 1/2 jars-roughly, buy a good one with lots of flavor. I used an organic low-fat jar I found on sale, and it was lacking.
- 10-12 store-bought dried noodles, cooked
- Oregano and dried italian seasoning
- 2 ounces shredded Pecorino Romano cheese (3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons salt over eggplant slices, and let drain for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place zucchini and red pepper in a single layer on oiled baking sheets. (Work in batches if necessary.) Spray with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake, rotating pans halfway through, until tender and just starting to brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then transfer to a dish.
- Place onion rings in a single layer on oiled baking sheets. (Work in batches if necessary.) Spray generously with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until tender and browned, 10 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Also chop the finely sliced red pepper. Mix onion, pepper and plently of garlic powder with goat cheese in a small bowl.
- Gently press eggplant slices between double layers of paper towels to remove excess liquid. Place eggplant in a single layer on oiled baking sheets (work in batches if necessary.) Spray with oil, and season with pepper. Bake until tender and golden, 6 to 9 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees. Spread 1/2 cup of marinara in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place a layer of noodles over marinara. Layer eggplant on top of noodles. Spread 1/2 of the goat cheese mixture over eggplant. (GC is not easy to spread, it’s not you!) Sprinkle with half of the mozzerella. Spread 1 cup marinara over cheese layer, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons spices of choice-oregano, basil, etc.. Repeat layering once, replacing eggplant with zucchini and red pepper (noodles, zucchini, red pepper, goat cheese, mozzerlla, marinara, spices). Place a layer of noodles on top. Spread remaining marinara on top of noodles, and sprinkle generously with Pecorino Romano cheese and dust with garlic powder.
- Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until cheese is golden and sauce is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.