It’s time again to list the songs that powered by workouts throughout the year! This year had some great pop songs—not to mention some of the best Britney in years!
In no particular order, here they are
1. Stereo Hearts—Gym Class Heroes returned from oblivion and made a song just as catchy as Cupid Chokehold!
2. Countdown—The actual countdown of this song packs the cardio punch that Beyonce does so well.
3. Mr. Saxobeat—Perfect for sprints
4. Club can’t handle me—Makes you feel cooler than Jay-Z, as you pound out the miles.
5. F*** You—This song came out of nowhere to make you remember all those people you want to forget.
6. Black and Yellow—Silly, yet effective cardio fuel.
7. Ni**as in Paris—Kayne and Jay Z take on the city of lights and win.
8. We Found Love—Frank likes to say, we found dove in a soapless place, so now that’s what I always hear. A little slow, but still makes the list.
9. You Make Me Feel So run run run run run. I have never heard a Cobra Starship song that doesn’t make me want to dance around.
10. Party Rock Anthem—It’s not a song, it’s an anthem, and one that will get you moving at the club or gym.
11. All of the Lights—Kayne had to make the list and this song is kind of meditative and great for repetitive movements like the ellip or bike on high resistance.
12. Boom Boom Pow You all know I want to get down, but thanks for asking Fergie.
13. Edge of Glory—During races, I like to think that I am on the edge of glory.
14. Till the world ends—What you waiting for? Meet Britney on the floor. I can totally picture her bopping around on the dance floor. I like the mix of techno and pop in this song.
15. I Wanna Go The Bravo song of summer, painfully addicting.
16. 6 foot 7 This is a Lil’ more hard core than some of the lighter pop songs, but still fun. Like lil wayne, I have also dreamed of being 6 foot 7.
17. Pumped up kicks Much the opposite of Lil Wayne, this song is light and perfect for a warm up. It even tells you that you better run. It was one of the first songs playing on the marathon course.
18. Last Friday night Brings me back to summers in suburbia.
19. Give Me Everything Pitbull spins a good one. This is a great sprint song, super fast and lots of fun. It makes you want to give it everything.
20. Internet Killed the Video Star I was obsessed with this song, for over a year I guess, but it still counts. They played it at the beginning of a race once and it totally pumped me up.
21. Square Dance I decided to make a playlist of “at bat songs” one yankees game this season and this song really stuck. It may not be new, but it was new to me.
22. Winner Ditto above
23. Money Grabber I love the mix of fast and slow, it’s great for intervals. Plus, the song is so much fun. It’s like the non-Kanye version of gold digger.
24. Hard This song is great when you need something to get through a lazy workout, it reminds me that it’s supposed to be hard.
25. I’m Into You I love this one. It’s a perfect flirty, yet a little bit tough workout song.