I haven’t done a list before, but since I have the biggest sweet tooth ever, I decided Veggie Girl’s Sweet 100 List was a great place to start.
First, here are the rules:
1.) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2.) Bold all of the sweets you’ve eaten–or make them a different type color.
3.) Cross out any of them that you’d never ever eat.
4.) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your “To Do” List.
5.) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results–or just post a comment letting us know how many you’ve tried, or what you’re going to try next!
And now, here is…
**VeggieGirl’s Sweet 100 List**
1. Red Velvet Cake-not sure why this gets so much hype
3. Whoppie Pie
4. Apple Pie
5. Beignet-only the raw verison from Pure Food and Wine
7. Black and white cookie – umm, yeah!
8. Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars)
9. Fruit Pie
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut-Back Door on Martha’s Vineyard!!!!!
12. Scone with clotted cream
13. Betty, Grunt, Buckle-An Apple Brown Betty!
14. Halvah-also known as the “Turkish Delight.”
15. Macaroons – again in raw form from PFAW
16. Banana Pudding with Nilla Wafers-and I call myself American
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca “pearls”)
18. Dixie Cup – perfect summer snack!
19. Rice Krispie treats – I love these, especially double chocolate!
20. ALfajoras-no idea what this is
21. Blondies – probably one of my fav desserts
23. Girl Scout cookies – I am a Gold Award recipient, and worked at the GS Council of Greater New York, so I’ve had a cookie or two in my life. In fact, I have dressed as a Samoa and sold cookies in Citibank.
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple -fair food.
26. Baked Alaska
27. Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. Nanaimo bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake
32. Pavlova-is this named after the dancer?
33. Tres Leches Cake-I have had this flavor gelato
34. Trifle-yum o
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime) – not a fan!
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake-please let this be my last meal!
40. Russian Tea Cake
41. Anzac biscuits
44. Buckeyes – are these blondies? If so I count it. Plus my sister is a Buckeye at OSU!
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch Baby-although Beverly’s in Saratoga sells them, and I love their pancakes
48. Boston Cream Pie-I haven’t had the real thing, but it is my fav flavor Columbo yogurt!
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies – I like the batter the best
50. Pralines – topped with peanuts, in Charleston, SC
51. Gooey butter cake
54. Green tea cake or cookies
55.Cupcakes from a cupcake shop-Toni’s Mini’s YUM!!!!
56. Crème brûlée -yuck
57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake)
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting-mmmm
59. Jelly Roll-why haven’t I heard of these things, but thankfully no
60. Pop Tarts – guilty as charged.
61. Charlotte Russe
62. An “upside down” dessert (Pineapple upside-down cake or Tarte Tatin)
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold –
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
68. Linzer torte Linzer torte
69. Churro – in La Plaza de Sol, Madrid, con chocolate por supuesto
71. Angel Food Cake They make these in muffin form in Chinatown and Flushing, so so good! I think they call them sponge muffins.
72. Mincemeat pie
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat – in France. I prefer plain crossiants.
77. A piece of gingerbread house
80. Rainbow cookies-not a fan
82. Petite Fours-I have to try these. They remind me of Samantha, the American Girl doll
83. Chocolate Souffle-but I love lava cake!
84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
85. Rugelach-in downtown Albany no less
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)
91. Coke or Cola cake
92. Gateau Basque
93. S’mores-I AM OBSESSED I have even made these and made the tradition in the oven and over campfire
94. Figgy Pudding-sounds so British
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert –
96. Joe Froggers
98. Millionare’s Shortbread
99. Animal crackers -I still love these, chocolate ones too.
A few of my own favs:
Banana Boats-a girl scout camp fav
Geleto-from the shop near the Trevi Fountain that everyone knows, but is never crowded!